Sunday 26 June 2011

Mini review - Realm of the Mad God

I've only played this for a few hours but I can't think of anything else to review right now.
This game is really, really, really fun, and it's unlike any other I've ever played. The developers call it a "co-op RPG shooter". it sports a 2D (isometric or top-down view) pixel-y look similar to an old Zelda game. From what I gather the gameplay consists of hardly more than running from enemy to enemy shooting them until they die with your group. Sounds pretty lame, but there's plenty of classes, equipment upgrades, and monsters, dungeons, and bosses to keep you occupied.




The big goal is to eventually become strong enough to kill a huge boss. There will be a lot of dying in the meantime because this game is tough.

What I love most, is that you don't need to pay for anything essential to support the developers. You can play the whole game without paying and hardly miss out on anything, but if you want to support them, you can buy a fancy little trinket for your character like a pet, or new clothes. More independent games should do that, it's really nice.

Overall I love it. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment